The JEE advanced exam is fast approaching. Now is the time to tighten your seat belts and get started on this journey. Many candidates are often very frightened and fearful of these exams. And they find themselves unable to concentrate on their actual studies. But there is no use in worrying. Instead start your JEE advanced preparation in full force. And the first step is to choose the correct books to help you study. So let us take a look at some of the best books for your JEE advanced exam.
|01||Best Books for Maths|
|02||Best Books for Physics|
|03||Best Books for Chemistry|
Best Books for Maths
The books you select for your JEE advanced preparation is a very important choice you must make. It can be the difference between cracking the exam or falling just short. As we well know, the JEE advanced exam is more practical, where your fundamentals and concepts will get tested. So it is important that you choose books that cover the topics in depth.
Some of the recommended books for the subject of Maths are listed here below. These books will help you cover your concepts and clarify and doubts you may have. And they also provide you with practice questions and tests, so you can familiarize yourself with the kind of questions asked in the exams and keep a check on your progress.
- Maths XI and XII by R.D.Sharma (one of the oldest and most thorough textbook)
- Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Algebra Made Easy by KP Basu
- Plane Trigonometry Part I by S.L.Loney
- Plane Co-ordinate Geometry by S.L.Loney
- Vector and 3D Geometry by Arihant Publications
- Problems of Calculus of One Variable by I.A.Maron
- Differential Calculus by Das Gupta
- IIT Mathematics Complete Course by Tata McGraw Hill
- Objective Mathematics for JEE advanced (and other Engineering Entrance exams) by RD Sharma
Best Books for Physics
For your IIT advanced preparation it is not enough to rely only on one book. Past students and experts both suggest that candidates should study from one main book which suits their sensibilities and style. And then they should refer two or more books for reference and read the concepts and topics they specialize in. So before you commit to one book, find out what the author has expertise in and what he covers well in his book.
Also as we know there is a small difference in the syllabus of JEE main and JEE advanced exam. JEE advanced has a few extra topics in Physics which are not a part of JEE main syllabus like Thermal Physics. So candidates must be very mindful of the fact that the books they choose are covering the entire curriculum. Let us take a look at some books of Physics that are considered ideal for JEE advanced preparation.
- NCERT Text books (this is the core textbook which will thoroughly cover your entire syllabus)
- Concepts of Physics Volume I and Volume II by H.C.Verma (these
- Problems in General Physics by I.E.Irodov
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halidy, Resnick and Walker
- Advanced Physics by Nelkon and Parker
- Physics Volume I and II by Tipler
- IIT Physics by DC Pandey
Best Books for Chemistry
If the students end up making a wrong choice about the books they should refer and study from, it can have some very serious consequences. All your efforts and hard work and time invested could be wasted if your reference books are not relevant and up to date. JEE advanced exam has a vast syllabus and requires very in depth analysis of each topic.
So the best way to go about your JEE advanced preparation is to be organized and choose from the best books available. To help you with this process, here we have listed some books for the subject of Chemistry. The right combination of books from this list will help the student achieve complete understanding of the subject.
- NCERT Chemistry Textbooks
- Physical Chemistry by O.P.Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by P.W.Atkins
- Organic Chemistry by Peter Skyes
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- Universal Chemistry by Bruce Mahan
- General Chemistry by Ebbing
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculation by R.C.Mukherjee
- IITJEE Chemistry by O.P.Agrawal
- IIT Chemistry by Tata McGraw Hill
IIT JEE advanced exam is a very competitive exam. Lakhs of students appear for the exam every year. So by no means is this an easy exam that can be cracked without adequate dedication and preparation. It requires the students to be very well versed with the subjects and topics, only superficial knowledge will not be sufficient.
So to cover the entire syllabus well and understand all the concepts, the choice of your books is very important. The subject wise recommendations we have provided above will useful to the students in making this correct choice. Remember, there is no one book that is enough. SO browse all the books you can, and make the best choice according to your levels and understanding.